Wednesday 12 December 2012

2012 was all about House music... 2013 is a Rap Attack!


They said 2012 was going to be the last year for us all because the Mayan Calender predicted it so. In my opinion they just got bored writing it so they said in an Irish style "ah sure leave it, it'll be grand". Well its safe to say that it's not going to end lads, lasses, guys, dolls, dudes and dudettes because apparently a mathematical error was made and leap years weren't taken into account.... thrilling. Anyway!
My prediction is this, the world will not end in 2012, however, mine very well may in 2013 because if one more huge rapper confirms a date in Ireland I may just explode!! I already told y'all about Weezy hitting us with a bang, and if you didn't read that (bold readers!!) you can find it HERE!

Don't worry I'll wait.....

Yes, this is what I look like. And, no the proportions aren't wrong, this is your average size chair. I'm short and bald.



Okay, hope you enjoyed that. Now, we can move along! So, this morning I awoke to the ever-beautiful noise that is, my mother doing her annual (and by 'annual' I mean daily) big-clean (and by 'big-clean' I mean she's throwing stuff I love in the bin). So following my disgruntled shuffling in the bed, stomp of the feet on the floor and general 'ugh-ing' I stood up and checked my emails, only to find an email informing me of an update on the whole Slane Headline Act thing, and, who was mentioned?? Only Marshall 'Slim Shady' 'Slim' 'Eminem' Mathers!!! The level of screaming, and slightly more enthusiastic ugh-ing, was not normal, but nobody could hear me because mother had the hoover on the go!!*
I confirmed with rapireland.com and many other sites and it's true!! This is huge for me!!


My parents have always been great to me, I get on with them really well and they just get it, but having young parents has its draw backs...you can't get away with as much, so I kind of anticipated a negative attitude when I was younger towards the liking I took to rap music (Eminem was in his ' I wanna kill everyone but Hayley ' phase). What I didn't anticipate was my parents having no time for rap and so by the time they had realised what I liked I was already well into the obsession. I was crazy into Eminem and a friend of mine who also had young-ish parents gave me a lend of his Marshall Mathers LP, which I still have by the way.... sorry Dave.

I've had every album since - bar Relapse, Relapse was bad. Bad!

2005 was the year! I was in full rap mode by then and who announces they're playing Slane?? Yep, B Rabbit himself!! But then he cancelled. We won't go into that because I said things I shouldn't have.. but ironically, they were things I learned from him!

But I'm majorly excited for this gig, and I can only hope he addresses the fact that he cancelled on us and clears the air...then again I don't think I'll really mind once I get to see him perform, but it'd be nice.

Cannot wait! For those unaware, Slane Concert (Slane for short...I'm sure you got it but still, I want this blog to be kinda long) is a concert held most years since 1981 in the grounds of Slane Castle in County Meath. The concert is due to be held in mid-August, and I for one, am BUZZING!


*R.I.P to all loose change I stored on the floor everywhere in my house, you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment