Wednesday 5 December 2012

Welcome To My New Blog

In short, I had a blog, wasn't too happy with it so I moved out and i live here now. I'm just settling in so i'll do my painting and decorating over the next few days and i'll get down to the furnishing once i know my way around the area.

I'm a communications student in NUI Galway at the mo, and my biggest passions are writing and TV and admittedly i have a soft spot for radio too! But keep that between us because I slated it in my first year of college and refused to admit i liked it in my second year, even though everyone knew i did!!
I'm in my third year of the course which is my intern year and i have to say its very very interesting! I'm learning a lot and my thesis folder is already growing for next year which gives me some peace of mind about my final year! I'm interning in the Broadcasting Policy Division of the Department of Communications! Its really interesting work and i'm working with a lot of things that my course is based upon but from a very different angle!

 Ever since i was a kid i've had a strange fascination with writing and have been doing it since i could string sentences together. I'm a sucker for imagery!! Create a picture with your words and you have me as a reader for as long as you're writing! Also a big love of mine in writing is controversy, can't beat a good debate and if you can spark that in people you'll always have those who love your work, and even those who just love to hate it.
Some writers I admire are Kevin Myers (Journalist - Irish Independent) Paul Williams (Crime Journalist, investigative journalist, writer - The Sun) John Keats (Poet 1795 - 1821), Paul Howard (Author - The Ross O'Corroll-Kelly saga, The Hostage, and my favourite book of all time, The Joy), and so so so many more writers!

I also have a great deal of respect for the work of the late Veronica Guerrin! (Discussion of her work and her all-too-short life will feature as part of this blog in the future)

Don't get too turned off though, i'm not always serious! In fact, a lot of my blog will include, short stories, reviews, rants and just comments on life - the good and bad.

I hope you all enjoy reading and dont be afraid to comment. Give out to me if you feel its warranted, laugh if you find me funny.. just have a say in it all! After all, i write to be read not JUST to satisfy my own boredom! I do get bored a lot though!
I know she's mostly watched by girls, but i'm aiming for my blog to be Jenna Marbles-esque, in writing, because i just do not have the cojones to get on camera for this stuff...YET!!

Enjoy, and above all else gimme feedback! I need it to live!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment